Add a small grouping of some apothecary jars filled with red stuff, a heart-topped candle holder, our wedding photo and a block of wood I painted, stamped on and added ribbons to ... and this tablescape looks so cute!
Did I say this was a block of wood? Yep, straight outta my garage! I just painted it red with paint I already had, used my stamps to stamp the hearts and words on it and tied on some ribbons I already had. Total cost=FREE!
I also tried to change things up on my mantle ... red and white candles, another apothecary jar, a heart shaped framed photo of my parents {taken just a few months before my Dad got sick with leukemia}, and an old photo of my girls taken for Valentines a few years back.



We also made some sugar cookies today and since I totally spaced and had no powdered sugar on hand - I did the next best thing and covered them in melted chocolate!

This week I'll be working a lot at the Flower shop - this is a BIG week for us there! Then, on Sunday my family and I are planning a fun and fabulous fancy dinner right here at home. We're going to decorate, dress up and dine like kings and queens! I can't wait!
Do you do anything special for Valentines day? Do you decorate your home? This is the first year I've really done anything like this but I kinda like it!
4 comments:
I am VERY excited to see this low-fat recipe because those cupcakes look amazing! Oh, and your apothecary jars look great, too!
WOW! Just paint some old wood! You clever girl you! I love the decor! Can I move in please? Great great ideas! So cozy! And what a sweet thing for your girls to see! Their hearts must be so warm when they go to sleep at night knowing how much you love their daddy! Happy Vday!
So where's the recipe?! I love all your ideas. Very nice.
It all looks fabulous, Kathy!!
Post a Comment