Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Book Barn

I am so excited! I found the coolest place today. Well actually I have seen it there many times, passed right by it in my car, but never thought much about stopping until today. Well, OK, I actually didn't pass it today, it's about a 1/2 drive from my house ... but I purposefully went there today and was so pleased with what I found!!

It's a place called the Book Barn where they sell thousands and thousands of used books (for cheap!). But it's more than that. It's several old, quaint, rustic barns filled to the brim with books. It's lots and lots of beautiful gardens, fountains, benches, statues, bridges and little ponds. It's a children's playground and play area. It's frog and turtle ponds. It's home to a few goats, 14 cats (who roam about at will) and one dog (who we couldn't seem to find anywhere). It's free coffee, doughnuts and treats that you may use to feed the dog (if you can find him!).

It was wonderful! I got some great bargains and a few things I can use for school next year. I look forward to going back again to look for more school resources. I was so glad that I took the girls along with me. They enjoyed picking out some new books (most of which were $1.00 each) and were already reading them the moment they got back in the car. I think this new favorite place will have to be a monthly field trip for us!

{Playground}
{Goat pen}
{Hello!}
{The girls loved the frogs}
{On a bridge overlooking the frogs}
{Where should we go?}
{A nice cool cup of water - it was SO hot!}



3 comments:

Mary said...

That seems like an awesome adventure. Thanks for the idea!

Amy said...

Stew and I haven't been to the book barn since we were dating! Didn't know they put in a swing set, or maybe we just didn't notice things like that back then. We'll have to go back and check it out!!

HopiQ said...

It sounds heavenly! I think I want to live there.