Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sandy hand Mosaic craft

I found this idea in Family Fun magazine and knew immediately that I wanted to try it. We love the beach, we love shells and we love crafts ... so what could be better than a Sandy hand Mosaic craft??

Since this was our first time trying it we did run in to some mess ups ... but at least we learned through trial and error so next time we can make them even better!

We made these as part of our family reunion ... the 3 girls made them and I made one for myself - you know, part of that trial and error thing. =) I think because my hand is so much bigger that is why mine turned out better. We still have a lot of plaster of paris left over so we plan to try it again sometime soon.

If you are interested in trying this craft and want the directions feel free to email me or comment here and I will get the directions to you. It's not complicated but I would definitely say that it would work best with older kids, like over 4 years old. We had 4 adults helping and it was great to have the extra helping hands for this project.

The basic idea is they press their hand down into the sand, make a pattern with shells and sea glass, fill in with plaster of paris and let set for about 30 minutes.




No comments: