Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tooth Trauma - part Two!

My poor, sweet daughter. Her tooth trauma just continues. Today she was swimming when she started acting up (hitting her sis) so I made her come out of the pool and sit on the steps. She was upset and was crying very hard. Then, she starts crying hysterically and comes over to me to show me her bloody mouth. Her second tooth fell out, but she was screaming because she didn't know where it went. She didn't know when it fell out, she didn't even know if she had swallowed it. All she knew was that she was crying and then the tooth was gone.

We looked for it everywhere. We looked all around the bottom of the pool (with goggles!), we looked all around the ground, we looked everywhere! It was no where to be found. As we all know by now she has a very strong attachment to her lost teeth and she was very upset that it was gone. "I WANT MY TOOTH!!" she started screaming.

I'm not really sure why she has such a strong attachment to her teeth ... but I really did feel bad this time since it was truly lost. (I think she might have swallowed it.)

So, I broke down and told the girls that the tooth fairy isn't real. That's she's just for fun like Santa (they know he's not real already). I wanted J to understand that she would still get something from the 'tooth fairy' because it was actually Mommy and Daddy.

But I still think she'd rather just have that tooth back!
{This photo was much later after a much needed nap.}

2 comments:

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Well if she swallowed it there is one more place you could look... :) Something tells me she wouldn't be THAT attached to her tooth!!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

kathy, can you help me? i love the cute design of your blog and i tried to use one of the free blog templates on your site but i couldn't figure out how to make the new pattern work on my blog. i tried just copying and pasting the new code and it didn't work. am i missing something? hopefully it is easy to explain. :)thanks!!!!