Wednesday, July 2, 2008

J and the lost tooth trauma

Our sweet J is growing way too fast! Just about 6 months ago her big sis lost her first tooth and now J is quickly catching up!

She's had these 2 wiggly, wobbly teeth for about a month now and we've been pulling and tugging and trying to get them out. Well yesterday the first one finally popped out! In the pictures it's hard to even see the gap since her big girl teeth have already started forcing their way in. I don't think it will be long before that second one comes out, even in the picture you can tell it's pretty loose.


So where does the trauma come in? Well ... she left her tooth for the 'tooth fairy' last night and the 'tooth fairy' left her a nice little note with a hefty amount of money ... and then this morning J woke up, looked under her pillow and immediately started hysterically crying! When I went in to find out what was wrong she said "I WANT MY TOOTH BACK!!!" She is apparently very upset that her tooth is gone for good and has been breaking into bouts of tears all day long.

So what do I do?? I never expected this!

My thought is that she could write a note to the tooth fairy, leave it under her pillow, and nicely ask the tooth fairy if she could possibly have her tooth back. Otherwise I'm afraid of what will happen when the next tooth falls out! Oh the trauma!!

PS. the cutest thing happened during all of this ... H came over to me while J was crying and whispered quietly in my ear 'I hope you or Daddy is the tooth fairy so you can give J her tooth back!' ... hmmm, she's on to us!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is the cutest story! I'm glad you posted it too. I never would have thought a child would be upset about the tooth not being there, so now maybe I'll be prepared if that happens to one of my girls. My parents always gave me tooth fairy money, but I remember always having my teeth in a small tuperware container too. I'm not sure how all of that came about, my mom could probably give you specifics. Maybe when she put the money under my pillow she moved the tooth to the container too. Too cute what Haley said. Don't you love those moments?