Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Weekly Plan {Jan. 2-8}

Being that my word for the year is SIMPLIFY, I figured a weekly plan was in order. For me, there is no better way to simplify than to have a PLAN of action!


First, I am using this template to keep my week in order.






My goals for the week are:


Set up my ETSY shop


Meet my neighbors


Get lots of school work done with the girls


Exercise


Eat well


Have consistent quiet time


My TO DO list for the week is:


Grocery shop


Library


Call Jess about piano


Make dinner for neighbors who just had a baby


Make food for Memorial service on Friday


Call Caroline about setting up Blessings party


Schedule our next Balcony Girls


Call Keurig!!


Thank you cards



My weekly verse {going along with the Gentleness challenge} is:


"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control." Galatians 5:22


And my menu plan is:


Mon - Rotini Casserole with salad


Tue - Homemade Chicken pot pies w/veggies


Wed - Awana night - sandwiches


Thur - Italian Chicken pasta


Fri - Chicken Chimichangas


Sat - Beef Pot Roast & Baked Potatoes


Sun - Leftovers {or go out}


This simple little piece of paper is already helping me immensely! I keep it posted on my fridge and check things off as I do them. It helps me keep track of drinking enough water and I'm also writing little things like when I floss on it. {I need all the reminders I can get!!} Even tracking when I change the bedsheets is a good thing for me as too often our week gets to busy and I forget.

How about you? Do you have a weekly plan?

4 comments:

Mary said...

Great mind think a like! I used the same header on my APE blog and the snowflake background on my kids blog last month. I figured it get me through til Feb!
I love that list! I love stuff like that. I especially love the little water checklist going down the side.
Very nice!!
I'm all motivated this week too!!!

Stacey Pittsinger said...

First let me say I'me loving the new banner...second can I have a copy of the Chicken Chimi recipe...I'll bet it's delicious!

Lynn said...

Kathy, you inspired my to choose a word for the year... I've never been big on resolutions, and they seem daunting to me... but one word seems doable, even if it is a big one. LOL So for me, this year, it is ORGANIZE. Thanks for the encouragement! p.s. - I like your planning sheet. I decided to go with a daily one this year, but it also includes the practical things like drinking water and exercising!

Tracey said...

I've been trying to plan my days better for the new year. FOCUS! That's what I've been missing and I think why I feel like I never complete anything. Anyhow, I really like Simple Mom's Daily Docket. It has similar elements to what you have here! I hope it helps me as well. :)