** Soooo, I realized today I never posted my weekly goal sheet on here. I did fill it out at home, but since my Monday was chaotic with the child-refusing-to-do-school-work episode I totally forgot to come back on and post my to-do list. OH WELL!
** It's been a good week ever since then. I've exercised a bunch of times. On Tuesday night I went to this BootCamp class with my friend and OH.MY.WORD it literally kicked my butt. I could hardly catch my breath and my every muscle and limb were screaming in pain! I've been sore ever since! Today, even though I was sore, I still did some weight training and cardio at home. I'm still working on making it a habit when it's not really something I enjoy doing.
** On Tuesday BOTH girls lost teeth! It was so funny. Our younger daughter has lost the exact same amount of teeth as her big sis. And every time one gets a loose tooth, so does the other! So Joy had this super loose tooth on Tuesday during school and we thought for sure it would come out - then, the next thing we knew Hope's tooth came out first! Later that night before bed Joy was wiggling hers a bunch hoping to help it out and it popped right out! So once again, they are caught up to each other with how many they have lost! They like to keep the tooth fairy busy around here ...
** I did some research this week about right-brained learners. I am pretty sure from things I've read that one of my girls learns and thinks more along these lines - which could be why she gets easily frustrated when we do school time. So I found a couple good books online at Amazon and ordered them. I've sort of committed myself to choosing the library over purchasing books this year - BUT, in this case, these are valuable tools that I will use and refer to for years to come so I think it was wise to get my own copies. I know it might sound nerdy, but I can't WAIT to devour these books and see what I can learn to help my little girl out! I love books and anything schoolish!
** This weekend my girlfriends and I are going to a scrapbook weekend ... we drive to a hotel about an hour away, stay there, scrap all day and night, eat yummy meals and share fun treats and come home feeling refreshed and hopefully with LOTS of pages made! I haven't scrapbooked since waaaay back in the summer so this is way overdue!
** What else? I got my hair cut today. SO glad. It hadn't been cut since the first week in September and was getting sooo shaggy. I am learning that when it's long enough to squeeze into a ponytail that is ALL I ever do with it - but when I keep it short and sassy {yes I did just say that! LOL} that I actually FIX it and take care of it. So short it is.
** The only thing that makes me sad about being away this weekend is missing my girls play in their basketball games. :( I know it's great to get away and I definitely welcome the break - and they have a BLAST with Grandparents and Daddy while I'm gone - but I'm sad to miss those games!
** I have been a reading fool lately. Already finished 2 novels this month and trying to read some other stuff for personal growth too. I love to read! Too many books, too little time!
OK, that's all ... had my tea, heading to bed soon ... Have a great weekend friends!
1 comment:
I'm catching up here since the weekend:) Sounds like you had an awesome weekend planned! I hope it was great.
I'm curious about this right-brained learning...gonna have to check that out. And that explains all of those new pins on your homeschool pinboard that I saw tonight:)
Post a Comment