Saturday, January 14, 2012

Our Week

It's been a weird week around here. I've been battling a head cold all week and instead of it getting better day by day it actually got a bit worse each day. So basically it wasn't the most productive of weeks as far as school goes, but we did manage to squeeze in math and language arts almost every day. Oh well, hopefully next week all will be back to normal!

The first 3 days of the week my hubs was away on a ski trip with his buddies. The girls and I had fun though. We did some school work, rented some movies, did a little shopping {since they both had some gift cards from Christmas} and also did a bunch of relaxing since this cold has brought daily pounding headaches with it. :/

Here is my beautiful firstborn ... she has an interesting sense of style lately that is truly unique. The past week or so she puts as many hair clips as she can find in her hair each day. It's kinda cute ... right?


And her little sis, working hard on her Language Arts ~ not her fave subject at ALL ... in fact many days this subject brings about tears. But what can you do, you have to learn the stuff!

Last week I made almost 50 new fabric flowers in some gorgeous colors! And I finally got my Etsy shop up and running ... SO fun and SO exciting ... I love to craft ... this year I vow to do it more.


I broke my 'no spend' January this week to 'splurge' on these magazine files and pretty file folders - found them at the Dollar Spot at Target and honestly, just couldn't say no. I justified the purchase though because my plan is to simplify and organize this year, so these tools will help aid with that. In fact, I spent a couple hours organizing some paperwork and binders this week and am LOVING how they all came together. {will have to share in another post}.





I drank a LOT of tea this week ... nothing makes me feel better like the way tea does. I rarely take meds for colds, but tea ... yes please!

Ahhhh..... I love it when she settles in for a nap ... she's such a good pup {when she's SLEEPING!}


We babysat our friend's daughter twice this week - let's just say that babysitting a feisty 3 year old when you have a cold is interesting. I'm so, so, so thankful for my big girls who played with her and entertained her with 'bobbleheads' for HOURS this week. And all 3 of them absolutely LOVED it.


My daughter spied this gorgeous bright red bird from the window the other day. Love this splash of color in the bleak wintertime!


We also did lots of playdoh this week. I'm so glad the girls got new, fresh, soft playdoh for Christmas. I got smart and threw down a cheap, plastic tablecloth so when they were all done I could just roll it up and throw it out!


After not having much appetite all week I caved and made a yummy treat late Friday afternoon ... Grands biscuits {red. fat} with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon - mmmmmm, yeah this was good. I hope the scale won't reflect that choice too badly this week!


Both girls did awesome in their Basketball games on Saturday. Joy made 2 baskets for her team ... {she's the one in blue}


And Hope made 4 baskets for her team. It was a great day and they are learning so much already. {she's number 21}


Then, this afternoon we hosted another one of our Balcony Girls lessons. It's been a LOOOOOONG time since we last met {the fall and holidays were so busy for us} but we had such a GOOD time together! Our lesson was on Unity and working together.


I just LOVE this group of girls!


So I guess all in all it's been a pretty good week. I sometimes feel like a failure on weeks when we don't accomplish a lot of school work ... but I see that we still had a pretty good week and much to be thankful for. I also DID finally cross off 'Call Keurig' from my TO DO list {which has been on my list to do for OVER a month now} and am SO excited to say that they have agreed to replace my brewer with a brand new one for FREE! I cannot wait!


Hope each of you has a quiet, peaceful Sunday. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! Being sick stinks, you just have to let other things go so you can rest your body and get better.

Love the magazine holders. i need to go find some of those at Target...so cute.