Ever wonder what other Moms do all day. Or what homeschoolers do all day? Well today I decided to document our day … our WHOLE day. And lucky you, you get to see it ALL … the good, the bad, the ugly! hahaha
Here we go!
6:45 wake up, look at clock and don’t feel like getting out of my warm bed yet, try to remember what day it is and then remember that I have no reason to get up so early. Close my eyes and wake back up at …
7:30 get up, pee, let the dog out, make some coffee
7:40- 8:50 Have my quiet time, read my Bible, pray, drink my coffee, then go on the internet to check email and facebook and such.
8:50 – 9 go wake up the girls and go throw on a pair of jeans, sneakers, sweatshirt and baseball cap {no make up, no shower, no hair done --- yes this would be the ugly!}
9:05 leave the house to go pick up my curbside grocery order. return a redbox movie while I’m there, pick up and pay for groceries, realize I didn’t dress nearly warm enough as I freeze my butt off {it was 14 deg out this morning!} … I was back home by the time the car started to warm up!
9:30 get home, put away groceries, start breakfast {the girls didn’t want to eat yet cause they were waiting for groceries!} go pee again.
While breakfast is cooking in the oven I: make another pot of coffee, clean up kitchen and dining room so we’ll have room to do school, take some photos of stuff I want to sell. The girls are getting dressed, straightening up their rooms and playing at this point.
10:15 we sit down to eat yummy egg muffins, then brush teeth and clean up dishes
10:30 sit down for school time, grab another cup of coffee, figure out the plan for the day
We do Bible time, History, Geography, Language Arts and Math today
{our current Bible studies}
{we are studying the 50 states in Geography this year}
{in history we’re doing the Early Explorers}
During Geography J finds our current state on the map {Alabama}
H likes to write out our plan for the day …
we do some flash cards to try to review the states we’ve already gone through
The girls have these 31 totes they use to keep all their school supplies on hand.
11:30 While the girls are working on their geography and history I go online to put some books on hold at our local library {love that feature!}, then wrap up the breakfast leftovers. I contemplate a 3rd cup of coffee, but choose water instead cause I know I should. I turn up the heat … brrr, it’s so cold today!
12:15 The girls are ready to move on to Math and Language Arts. I get dinner going in the crock pot {beef pot roast}, load up the dishwasher and get it going, put some recyclables out, go pee AGAIN, blow my nose, AGAIN, wipe down the counters, answer a math question, answer a vocab question and finally sit down to help the girls for a few minutes.
12:40 when I’m sure they are doing fine I go downstairs and switch over the laundry, answer another question as I’m heading down the stairs …
fold a load of laundry, blow my nose AGAIN …
and start a new grocery list because without lists I would forget my own name!
I remind the girls to focus and do their work AGAIN.
12:55 Take a bunch of stuff out of the freezer {bread, English muffins, applesauce and ravioli}. I go pee AGAIN, get ravioli going for the girls to eat for lunch, get myself some lunch and ask daughter to feed the dog.
Around 1 ish We’re sort of all breaking for lunch at this point. I make a turkey burger and a salad for myself, the girls have ravioli and cucumbers. Bob is back after running some errands {it’s his day off} and he eats now too. I check email / facebook, etc while I eat and we’re all just chatting, taking a break.
Puppy is locked up in kitchen sometimes when she’s too wild or crazy {or when we’re eating and want to keep her out of the way}.
1:25 Back to work … hubby is trying to work on chopping this tree root, I do dictation work with H while J finishes her lunch.
Our dining table is always covered in school stuff during the day!
I grab another bottle of water, J is now doing language arts while H does her spelling test.
1:45 I pee AGAIN. Check the temp in the house, it feels so cold today but it says it’s 70 deg. J is doing language arts, H is doing her math on the computer.
1:50 Check on laundry, restart the dryer.
2 pm H is done with her subjects, she moves on to reading time and piano practice. I’m studying up on the Civil War which I’m pretty sure will be our next unit study for History.
2:10 Pee AGAIN. Answer the phone when my brother calls and chat for a couple minutes. Water the plants in the living room. **Listen to piano being played from the other room and think how thankful I am that she didn’t quit last year because the sound is just beautiful.**
Encourage youngest to keep working to get her Language arts finished up.
2:15 Decide she will work much better if I sit with her, so we read together and she answers comprehension questions with me.
{H sneaks in to snuggle with the too-cute pup}
2:45 pee AGAIN. {I am not making this up people!} J is finishing drawing a picture for Language arts, H is reading.
3 pm J is done with school work, now she’s practicing piano. I put on my workout clothes, reach in the fridge for another water and resist the urge to dive into this with a spoon …
Instead I have a date with Jillian …
When I”m done I switch over the laundry again and bring up a load of towels.
While i was doing that J was doing her reading time and …
H was having her computer time.
3:40 I refuel with water and my FAVE Greek yogurt … and you guessed it … I pee again.
I unload and reload the dishwasher.
4pm the girls are playing wii, Bob is working on the bathroom sink, I jump in the shower real quick, get dressed, and dry my hair. Another hat, no make up and no hair fixed again.
4:30 I make some peppermint tea and J is dressed and ready for basketball practice so we head out the door …
OH, but of course, I pee before we head out …
4:34 – 4:54 driving to bball
5 – 6 pm J practices while I drink my tea and read my book. My hands are soooo dry this time of year {so glad I had my lotion in my purse and I slather some on}.
5:30 {at practice} I pee again.
6:20 get home. Bob and H have finished the dinner prep for us including setting a beautiful table! What a nice surprise to come home to! I pee again.
6:30 – 7 pm We have dinner {Pot roast with mushroom gravy, baked potatoes and peas}
7pm We clean up dishes/kitchen, J takes a shower, then we crash for a bit to watch Pawn Stars and I check email again.
8 pm I pee AGAIN. I’ve lost count at this point. We turn the TV off and play Apples to Apples with the girls. I WIN! woot woot!
8:45 Put the game away, the girls get ready for bed and then read for a few minutes in bed before lights out.
9 pm Tuck the girls in, sing them songs, say goodnight.
9:09 FINALLY get to sit down and RELAX, put my feet up and veg out on the internet. Hubby is watching sports, and I can browse blogs, check FB, etc.
And now … it’s 10:46, I’m logging off, getting ready for bed, going to PEE one last time for the day and then fall into bed where I will likely read a page or two before my eyes droop closed for the night.
**Ooops, one more thing, took one last picture as I looked outside and saw beautiful, white snow covering the yard … cause I know it will be melted by morning but at least I can show the picture to the girls.**
HUGE blessings of the day:
*Standing the in shower and realizing this was the first day in OVER a week that I didn’t have a pounding headache.
*Seeing that all my boogies are turning more clear and less green and knowing that I’m finally on the road to getting better.
*Seeing a GORGEOUS orangey sunset sky with pink fluffy clouds as we drove to basketball this evening.
*Sharing this amazing life with my best friend and two very sweet little girls.
It’s a busy, full, FUN life and I wouldn’t trade it for anything! I AM BLESSED!
6 comments:
Sounds like a busy and fun day! Way to keep up on your laundry. I wish I was better at keeping it an ongoing thing throughout the day. A few observations:
A) That's a lot of coffee...
B) That's a LOT of pee! (Are you pg? lol) =)
C) We have that HeroTales book that came with our curriculum, but I think Matthew is still too young for it...
D) I like your US map and state flashcards. I can't wait to do stuff like that!
E) I love the picture of you on the couch at about the 2:15pm mark. That is the best thing about homeschooling: all the cuddle/personal time we get with our kids!
Normally I find that stuff boring, but the pictures def helped tell your story! Thanks for the lil peek!
Did you notice that just about every "grab cup of coffee/bottle of water/tea/etc..." was followed by a pee chaser? I'm sensing a pattern, my friend! :)
haha this whole thing made me laugh. :)
i'm so glad h stuck with piano, too! she's too good to quit. :)
I laughed through the whole post...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one running to the bathroom constantly. Hubby says it's the cold weather...you're not sweating so it has to go somewhere is his explanation. Wow 2:10 before the phone rings...I'm jealous. What are egg muffins? They look fabulous. I LOVE eggs.
Ummmmm....no #2's?
Post a Comment