In case you're curious, here is a list of the books I read in 2011 ... if you could care less, well then I guess it's just a good reminder to myself! haha!
The Thorn by Beverly Lewis
A Merry Heart by Wanda Brunstetter
The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews
The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews
The Judgement by Beverly Lewis
The Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
The Gift of an Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Looking for a Miracle by Wanda Brunstetter
Plain & Fancy by Wanda Brunstetter
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
Kaleidoscope by Patsy Clairmont
Bertie's War by Barbara Blakey
Leaving by Karen Kingsbury
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
A Sister's Secret by Wanda Brunstetter
The Mercy by Beverly Lewis
The 5 People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
18 in all! There were times when it felt like it took me FOREVER to finish a book so I'm sort of surprised that I ended with a decent number. That's more than one per month! Which for this sleepy Mom who can't keep my eyes open for very long at night I thought I did pretty good!
As you can see when I like an author I tend to read their stuff A LOT. I thought all the books this year were good, I especially loved The Heart Mender, the Plain Truth and The Help.
The 5 People you Meet in Heaven was OK, not my fave but I managed to get through it.
This year I already have a long list of books I want to read. Most of which I would call 'self help' or books that encourage my spiritual growth. Unfortunately those are the ones that take me awhile to get through because I want to take it all in and chew on the knowledge to be gained, so I won't read them at night when I'm sleepy. And during the day it's tougher to make time to read. But I hope to! I plan to! We shall see!
How 'bout you? Read anything great in the past year?
3 comments:
I really liked The Last Song. I'm not a huge Nicholas Sparks fan...gasp, I know, but I enjoyed this one.
I want to read The Help one of these days, too. I just got a Kindle, so I'm thinking I will read a lot more now!
I just posted my reading list on our blog (thanks for the other idea). I have to give you all the credit to reintroducing me to all the the joy of reading!
Amy ~ I download books from our library to my Nook for free. They just started supporting Kindle too. Have you checked to see if you can do that too?
That's a great list! I didn't keep a list this past year, but that would be fun to do for this year. I've certainly got a stack of books waiting to be read:)
Post a Comment