Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sugar Free Raspberry Green Tea

Lately I've been trying to drink a lot more Green Tea ... it has many health benefits and since I've always liked Iced Tea it was an easy switch for me to make from regular tea.

That being said, I also like my tea sweet, or even flavored. One of my fave iced teas is the Iced Green Tea from Panera ... it's just sweet enough but also very light and refreshing. It has a bit of a fruity flavor that makes it SO delicious!

At home these are the only 2 things needed to make your own yummy tea. I buy the decaf tea bags so that I can drink it all day and afternoon without worrying about staying up all night. And I get the flavored sugar free syrup by Torani. The flavors in my local stores are pretty minimal, but I figured Raspberry would taste good in iced tea and I was right.

First heat up a pot full of water until boiling - I do a 2 quart pot so that it will fill my 2 quart pitcher. Then I put in 8 tea bags and let it steep for a few minutes.



Pour the tea into a pitcher and add as much or as little Raspberry syrup as you like. I would start with less and then add more if it's not sweet enough for you.




I put the pitcher in the fridge to cool and later bring it out and enjoy over a glass full of ice!




"More than a decade's worth of research about green tea's health benefits -- particularly its potential to fight cancer and heart disease -- has been more than intriguing, as have limited studies about green tea's role in lowering cholesterol, burning fat, preventing diabetes and stroke, and staving off dementia."


If you're still not a believer in Green Tea google it and you'll find lots of great articles on all the health benefits of it.

2 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

You know, I have oodles of green tea bags in my pantry that I never even think about. And I LOVE the citrus green tea by Lipton. I need to try brewing my own~thanks for the reminder:)

Anonymous said...

I try to drink Green Tea everyday.....I love my Green Tea Ice Tea too.....I sweeten mine with a little Honey.