Thursday, September 29, 2011

A girly Weekend

Last weekend was my chance to get away ... this weekend is my hubby's ... and so my girls and I have many fun things on the agenda in order to enjoy a girls only weekend to the fullest!

First, we have many baking/cooking projects planned. I LOVE a good Home Ec lesson! We are planning to make:

* Banana Bread {with all my old, brown bananas in the freezer}
* Pumpkin Bread {because it's FALL after all!}
* Pumpkin/Caramel Butter
* Homemade applesauce with apples we just picked today
*A new soup recipe - done in the crockpot all day {and maybe a loaf of homemade bread to go with it!}

We also plan to ...

Have a spa night at home, watch movies, sleep in Mommy's room, go to Hope's soccer game, go to church, go to our Bible study group, and if I still have time I might try to work on my current organization project which is my basement/craft area.

I have a feeling we'll have just as much fun at home as he does while he's away!

PS. It's my 3rd day of NO Facebook and the longer I go without it, the less I miss it! This has been a wonderful change for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny.....I just used my brown bananas in the freezer today to make four loaves of banana bread. I made two loaves with dark chocolate chips. I was going to make pumpkin cookies but I thought I'd better wait.

Have a fun weekend with the girls...sounds like you will be busy!

Stacey Pittsinger said...

First! It never occurred to me to put my brown bananas in the freezer. I'll have to remember that. Next I LOVE LOVE Pumpking bread. I need to learn how to make it. Do you use real pumpkin or canned. I like both..I'm just curious.