I've seen a lot of people talking about choosing a word to sum up their year lately. Like for example your word for the year could be 'joy' and you focus your year on purposefully choosing joy.
It's funny because I've actually been thinking a lot about this over the past 2 weeks. Obviously God put the thoughts in my mind for a reason!
So here's the thing, instead of making my usual list of resolutions for the coming year ... I've decided this year I'm going to have a word. Actually, two words. I hope and pray that I will be able to establish good habits and such as a result of these two words. So in a way, the words become my resolutions.
I will be writing these words in several places and posting them where I can see them. I want to be constantly reminded of my choice to focus on these words this year. I also plan to look up scripture and find verses that speak specifically about these two words, so that I may see and know what God's Word says about my words.
OK, enough already, are you ready to hear what they are???
'WORDS'
and
'TIME'
My heart has been telling me lately that I need to learn to use BOTH more wisely. I need to use 'words' that help and heal and encourage and I need to use 'time' more wisely and productively. Time came to me as I faced the reality of the year 2010 FLYING past at an alarming rate!
How about you? Do you make resolutions? Do you have a 'word' for the year?
6 comments:
this is great idea! you definitely have me thinking!
I have just been reading about this concept for the first time today. I think it is a great idea...now to pray about a focus word... =0)
I don't make New Year's resolutions because they seem pointless, unless I can keep my commitment to them. However, I do have goals, aspirations and dreams for the New Year. One thing I have been thinking about lately is how does my life make a difference in others lives. Most of the people I'm with don't have a relationship with Christ, often I'm the only one in the group with a personal faith in Christ. I think about things like Would their life be any different if I wasn't apart of it? Am I being authentic in my relationship with them and Christ? Am I representing Christ in good way? Do my actions match my words? How can I make a difference in their lives when they don't need any thing, want for any thing or have a hard life? All my friends have very good lives, good marriages, good jobs, nice homes and a very comfortable way of life. They have no need for a relationship with Christ they can see or want. As these and other thoughts go through my mind this year, I'll be praying for them and wondering how my being apart of their lives makes a difference and praying for ways to show I do care and show Christ in a very real way to them.
Happy New Year, Kathy! I've enjoyed reading all your blogs and seeing your wonderful pictures. I'm hoping to get to Connecticut this year with the family. I'm not sure if that will work out, but if it does it would be good to have another visit.
Kelly
As I read your post, the word PURPOSE immediately came to mind. I want to live my life with purpose rather than exist or get thru each day. I want to look back on yesterday without regret and like you, without waste.
2011 is my year of purpose!
I've been choosing a word for the past couple of years and though it seems more attainable then resolutions I still need reminders to stick to it. My word of the year will be put on my sidebar of my blog so I have a daily reminder. I'm also thinking of having a necklace made like so many others do....thinking this will help since I especially need to stick to my word more then ever or I'll go crazy. Time is a wise word...something I need to manage better as well.
Post a Comment