Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas in my home

Just wanted to share some photos from my living room today. This is the room that has the most decorations. I have a few other things in other rooms that I'll share at another time, but for now, just this room is enough.

We have one of those electric fireplaces, because we don't have a 'real' one. Here is my 'mantle' ...
My candlesticks got a little extra bling for the holidays ...
On the mantle we have a small tree, a sparkly JOY sign from Target, a wooden NOEL sign that was given to me years ago, and a bowlful of ornaments from the Target dollar spot ...
On the other side is my pretty red vase {that I love} full of flowers my hubby got me for our Anniversary, a cute little tree shaped tea light holder, and our white and gold nativity that my Mother in law gave me several years ago. In the center of the mantle is a crystal bowl full of potpourri and a pine scented candle in the center...
My hutch is FULL of stuff ... mostly snowmen! I feel like it looks like something you'd see in a country store!
I used white lights on the hutch and I love how it looks when it's all lit up!
On the very top I have more stuff ... an apothecary jar full of Christmas potpourri, snowman photos, more snowmen, and my houseplant that I wrapped in burlap and tied red ribbon around to give it a festive look ...

Here is our real tree! I love it! I can never get a good lighting picture of it so here is one without the flash and the one below is with the flash. It looks much prettier in person!
Our bin full of Christmas books sit under the tree ...
On the top of my entertainment center I put green garland, red beads, and my mitten garland that says Merry Christmas...
Here is the 'Merry' side ...
And the 'Christmas' side ...

Do you decorate your WHOLE home, or just the main rooms?
I'm linking this post to the Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes and Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life Christmas Tour of Homes. Go check out their blogs for LOTS more beautiful homes all decorated for the holidays!

2 comments:

Amy H said...

Very pretty, Kathy! I have that same little green 'home' sign in my kitchen. =)

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I love it! So homey and comfortable looking!