This is more for myself than my readers, just a way to remember the many blessings and how thankful I am for the little things. {in random order as things come to mind! Blessings will be highlighted in RED.}
Today we had our MOMS Christmas brunch at our church. It's such a wonderful time to just set aside the busy-ness of the holiday season and enjoy some sweet fellowship with other Moms.
We had a short devotional by a lady named Mary. She shared with us about her father accepting Christ last year just hours before he died. It was so fitting for me because earlier this week my husband's Grandma died and for many years we did not know where she stood spiritually. On Monday my husband, his parents and his brothers went to see GiGi and she told them 'I know I'm going to heaven to see my Savior.' Then she died on Tuesday morning. What a blessing to know that she knew where she was going.
Tuesday was one of the hardest days I can remember. We had to tell our girls that GiGi had died and they were very, very sad. My oldest cried out 'Mom, I didn't want her to go!!' We have not had a death in our family since my Dad died and the girls don't remember that because they were only 2 yrs old and 11 mos old.
So Tuesday was also our Anniversary. It was definitely a bittersweet day. My husband said it perfectly on his FB status ... he said that watching his 85 yr old Grandfather cry about how much he loved his wife of 61 yrs is a great example of the commitment a husband needs to be to his wife.
Instead of doing school work that day we decided to have a family day together. We went and picked a bunch of Princess Pine for a wreath I want to make, then we went for a nice hike in the woods, then out to lunch at one of our favorite places down in Mystic. After lunch we walked around Mystic village for awhile before heading home. That evening we had a special dinner at home where we dressed up and lit candles and just enjoyed each other's company. No, it wasn't the romantic day we might have normally planned for our Anniversary - but it was fitting that part of marriage includes handling the tough times together and that's what we did.
OK sorry, back to today. At the brunch we also had some lovely special music that had me in tears. The first was 'Mary Did You Know?' sung by a lovely lady Ann. I love that song! Then Jody's 4 children sang 'Where Are You Christmas?' and seriously just seeing kids sing and hearing their angelic little voices makes me melt into a puddle of tears. It was simply beautiful!
This afternoon I enjoyed some quiet time while the girls read in their rooms. I laid on the couch and BOTH dogs jumped up and snuggled with me. One on my feet and the other right by my side. I just laid there enjoying the quiet and the comfy warmth of my home. I'm so thankful for the many comforts we are blessed to enjoy. I have never had to worry about having a warm home or enough blankets. I am truly blessed.
I got a rather large shipment of k-cups for my Keurig recently. Many of the seasonal flavors seem to sell out quick so I took advantage and ordered multiples of the flavors I wanted. So this week I've been enjoying Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread, and Spicy EggNog .... uuummmmmm, so yummy! I have LOTS right now and it's a fun, festive season - so would love to have company stop by for a cup of coffee and conversation! Consider yourselves invited!
I have been having LOTS of fun being crafty lately. Making cards, making fabric flowers, putting a wreath together ... it's really nice to put my crafty ideas to good use. Pictures will come soon. ;)
My Mom bought us a new electric blanket for our Anniversary - I cannot tell you how happy I am! I almost did a happy dance right there in my Mom's place! I had an electric blanket until my PUPPY chewed through the cord - naughty little thing! So I've been FREEZING every night when I get into those cold sheets. I don't usually keep it turned on all night, but I put it on to warm the bed up and then keep it on while I read my book, then turn it off when I go to sleep. It's just enough to take the edge off of getting in to a cold bed. I love it and I'm SO grateful to have another blanket - which I will most definitely be keeping the puppy AWAY from!
Well I think that's about all for now. Sorry for the rambling, disorganized thoughts. It's time to go snuggle with my girls and watch The Polar Express!
{{1000 Gifts #203-223}}
No comments:
Post a Comment