Friday, October 29, 2010

Frudal Friday

I've got a goodie for you today!

Make up remover! I used to buy either a bottled make up remover, or those make up removing wipes. NOW, I have a frugal way to take off my make up ...

BABY OIL AND COTTON BALLS!

Yep, who knew that simple baby products could do such a great job at such a great price.

I bought a large bottle of baby oil at Walmart for less than $2, and a bag of cotton balls for about a dollar.

I use it at night before bed to remove eye make up and it works great! The bonus is that the baby oil really softens the skin around my eyes. I bought the baby oil a few weeks ago and I have hardly put a dent in it so I know it will last me a very long time.

What are your frugal beauty solutions??

3 comments:

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I totally need to do this~I am missing my waterproof mascara. I stopped wearing it b/c I hated buying those expensive little bottles of remover. But black streak on an emotional woman aren't pretty...haha

In Light of the Truth... said...

Shoot, I JUST bought a new bottle of eye makeup remover two days ago!!

Lynn said...

Kathy, this is what my mom always did. It was funny because she would come out every night with shiny skin around her eyes. She'd leave it on all night instead of washing it off and it would help keep her skin soft. I use it as well, but only a couple of times a week or I get a rash from it - some sort of small allergy. But, that is about all I wear make-up anyway, so it works out. Really cheap! Gotta love it!