Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Non-Recipe Recipe

Today was Canadian Thanksgiving and since I grew up in Canada and still have many family members and friends that live there we decided we'd have a little celebration here today too.

Unfortunately a busy weekend meant I was pretty much unprepared so I had to pull together a last minute Thanksgiving dinner late this afternoon!

I really didn't have time to cook a turkey so I bought one of those fully cooked rotisserie chickens. I made stuffing and heated green beans. And of course we had to have our cranberry sauce. So even though we were missing a few items it was still a really yummy dinner!

Then, I wanted something pie-ish for dessert - but since I'm trying to eat healthy I didn't want to make anything too fancy. {Nor did I have the time.} Sooooo, I made these tonight and the girls and I GOBBLED them up ... they were SO SUPER DELISH and easy!

Here is my non-recipe:
*Peel one apple per person / slice it into thin slices
*Use one ramekin per person and throw the apple slices into each one. Make sense? One bowl per person - one sliced apple in each bowl.
*Add a tsp of butter or margerine to the top of the apples in each bowl.
*Add a tsp of cinnamon to each bowl.
*Add a tsp of brown sugar to each bowl {or sub white sugar if you have no br. sugar on hand}
*Pour a little apple juice or apple cider into the each bowl.
*If you so desire add any other yummy toppings such as - raisins, oats, nuts, etc.

Put all of the bowls on to a baking sheet and put the whole thing in the oven at 375 deg for about 40 min or until the apples are tender.

Serve warm with cool whip .... YUMMY!!

No comments: