Today we did just a little bit, we made some purses for ourselves. They each chose their own fabric and buttons. The girls' purse took about 45 min to make and costs less than $3 for materials. My purse was made from extra fabric that I'm using in my kitchen. I added the flowers and button from stuff I already had. So I guess in a way it was free!
The best part of all ... when I finished making Hope's purse she commented - "It's the perfect size! I can even carry a book in it!" {*sigh* what every Mom hopes to hear! Not that she wanted to carry money or sunglasses or chapstick or any other girly thing ... but that she wants to use it to carry her book! love it!}
I figured mine is the perfect size to sling over my shoulder with a book, magazine, sunglasses and sunblock when we're sitting poolside on our trip ... plus, it turned out pretty cute!
4 comments:
Love them! You all did such a good job! My girls want to learn to sew this summer as well.
They are beautiful! Good job!
I love bags! Can never have too many and these are FABULOUS! Shouldn't you do another contest? he he he...
LOVE IT!!! I see a summer project to share with all of us!!!
Post a Comment