Her books that I have (and have read!):
"So You're thinking about Homeschooling?"

- I read this book before we'd officially made our decision to homeschool and the things I read in that book were such an encouragement to me, that we really were choosing to do this for the right reasons. I loved it. It's actually the stories of many homeschooling families and why they chose to homeschool. If you are even considering homeschooling I would highly recommend reading this book.
"Creative Correction"

- let's face it, our kids need to obey simply because God put us in charge and by golly 'because I said so!'. Well we all know that doesn't always happen the way we'd planned. What I loved about this book was how she tied scripture into discipline and helped show you how to use the Word of God when teaching and training your kids in behavior issues.
"The Adventure of Christmas"

- you've heard me sing the praises of this book before! It helps you take every single element of Christmas, from the lights to the tree to baking and ornaments and ties every single thing back to Jesus. It also includes some cute crafts and recipes and many, many ways to make your holidays full of traditions and memories.
"The Busy Mom's Guide to Prayer - Journal"

- my prayer life would be nothing without this wonderful little tool. In fact it's almost full and then I'm not sure what I'll do! Each day there is a guided section about you, your hubby, your kids or some other area that you pray for, it includes scriptures and guided prayers. Then there is plenty of room to write in your own prayers, praises, thoughts and verses.
"Taking Care of the Me in Mommy"

- this is new to me, I'm actually only just getting started with reading it. But as with all of Lisa's other books I'm already loving it. Three of my friends and I have decided to do this book together. To use it as a way to encourage one another in our walks with the Lord. As Moms we so often put our own well being on hold in order to care for the needs of everyone else in our lives. Now I'm not suggesting that we have to be self centered beings - but we do need to give attention to our needs - spiritual, physical, emotional, etc ...
I will be talking more about the "Me in Mommy" book in the coming weeks. Lisa has a refreshing way of writing that lets you know she's a real, down to earth, just like me, kind of woman. I really like that about her.
1 comment:
I will be interested to hear what you of this last book. Might have to get me a copy!
Post a Comment