out there in the bloggy world that is! I have decided to put my blog back out there in bloggy world and no longer have it set to 'private'.
This is a big step for me and I've spent several hours going back through old posts to remove my kids real names. For now, while I'm getting used to being 'out there' in bloggy world - I'm going to use alias's for the girls. So I will call them 'Hope' and 'Joy' for now.
Also, I checked on my dashboard and discovered that there were TONS of comments that I had not moderated yet! I thought blogger would email me every time someone commented but I guess not because I had never seen these comments before. So I apologize to those of you who commented and never heard a response from me, or never saw your comment show up. I will definitely try to check the dashboard more often.
One more thing. Because I'm using alias's for the girls, it means that I'm concerned about their safety with being out there on the world wide web. So since you all know and love me I would appreciate it if you also refrain from using their real names, and refrain from commenting on the specific location (state or town) where we live. I feel that these are a couple ways that I will feel safer about being on the net. And if you catch me blogging something that seems to revealing - please alert me! I know it will take some getting used to to change my habits!
Thanks friends ... love ya! Kathy
5 comments:
I'm so glad you're back, Kathy! I'm a lazy reader, and I just don't remember to go specifically to private blogs very often. I'm so looking forward to having you pop up in my Google Reader again!
All the changes look great!!
I'll be keeping up ...
I love their aliases! Very clever! Do you read MckMama's blog? I love her kids' nicknames! I also love the colorful background that goes with your title picture much better!
And I'll be sure to let you know if you revealed more than you want to! Happy blogging!
(Cute stories above this entry too!)
Hi...LOVE the new LOOK!!! You need to show me how to do the fancy fonts and stuff.
I am taking your lead and going to stop using my kids names too!
Love Ya.
I love the new look Kathy! I was happy to hear about the unmoderated comments too! lol I had left a few and when I saw them not pop up I was worried I had been offensive, what a relief! :-)
Post a Comment