This week I am thankful for HEALTH. Seems funny to say that since this week my whole family has been sick ... but this is my train of thought ...
Yes, we have had sickness
Yes, we have had colds
Yes, we have even had a few minor ear infections and strep throat
Yes, I have had a couple trips to the ER (a few yrs back - long stories!)
(NOT ALL THIS WEEK! JUST IN GENERAL)
But despite all that, we have been very blessed by good health. None of us have suffered any ongoing conditions, none of us have suffered lengthy, difficult sicknesses in which we required meds and/or Dr's visits.
So many people I know have children with ongoing or recurring illnesses. I feel so bad for these parents! It's so hard to see your kids when they aren't well. And it's so hard to parent when everyone is not getting enough sleep.
I know that life offers no guarantees. I know that at any moment any one of us could be diagnosed with something serious, or could suffer a bad illness. I know this, but I choose not to dwell on those thoughts and I choose to be thankful and grateful for the good health that we are all enjoying right now.
Thank you Lord for good health! Thank you for protection from serious illnesses and for keeping me healthy this week so I could care for my sick loved ones. Thank you for your constant care and concern for each and every one of us. Please be with those who are hurting or suffering at this very moment. In Christ's name, Amen.
4 comments:
You are so right we have so much to be thankful for. Health is a big one!
It times like this when so much is taken for granted, nice to have a friend remind you to be thankful and praise God for what you have around you!
AMEN! I completely agree and love the way you worded this. When my kids are sick/hurt, I've thought about our Heavenly Father and what He must have felt like as Jesus was being beaten and hung on the cross. Our ache as parents is just a glimpse of His.
http://aworkoftheheart.wordpress.com/
You've been tagged! What's on your desk? You can see the details on my blog!
Well put!
Post a Comment