I will admit, I have a real lack of patience when it comes to my kids. I often find myself shouting at them to 'hurry up and get in the car!', 'hurry up and get dressed!', or 'hurry up and get eating your breakfast!'.
It's not that we are running late, it's just that I have this need to be in control at all times, and to have everyone else follow my agenda for the day. I often find myself getting frustrated and impatient when the kids don't do things exactly as I want and when I want.
This morning while doing our Bible time I saw my faults staring me right in the face ... our subject for the day was, you guessed it, PATIENCE!
Last night I was busy doing something when H kept bugging me about watching a TV show, she nagged and nagged and nagged until I finally yelled at her to 'BE PATIENT!!'
So this morning as we read in our Bible lesson about patience, I felt such guilt over my own lack of patience. I feel as though I fail my kids so many times when it comes to modeling good behaviors and self control. After all, how can I expect them to be patient when I myself can't control my own impatient attitude?
Being a parent is definitely a real eye opener. Daily I am faced by my own inadequacies and guilt over the many ways I have messed up. I'm truly thankful that my kids forgive me, time and time again. Even more, how much more does God forgive me ... and He knows all the hidden thoughts and faults that no one else even sees!
This week, my prayer and my mission, is to work on being more patient with my kids. Our verse this morning was from Lamentations 3:26 "It is good to wait quietly". I wrote it out on some index cards and posted it in several places in my home ... it will be my daily reminder to watch my impatient attitude.
3 comments:
It was such an encouragement to read your post! Thank you for sharing those personal thoughts. :-)
That was awesome and glad to know that I am not alone!
On another note, did you get my email about bible study?
As always I really appreciate your openess about your daily trials. They often mirror mine either for that day or at some point in the week. I think that's one thing I love about all my friends and now reading blogs of other moms, is we need to not worry about being the perfect mom. There is no such thing. We all need to support each other and share. I learn so much from other moms. For sure being a Mom is hard work. I love how you always remind us that our children have unconditional love since they always FORGIVE us for our faults, crankiness, lack of patience and so on...We are blessed.
Thank You.
Post a Comment