Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So I'm going to steal some ideas I've seen out there in bloggy world ... one of which is Thankful Thursdays ... because don't we all need to find reasons to be thankful more in our lives?

Today I am thankful for my job. I work part time at a flower shop that my friend owns. Last year I went to floral training school to learn some tricks of the trade and recently have had more chances to try them out and put together some really fun arrangements.

My job is fun, it allows me a little time to myself out of the house, it generates a little extra change for the family, and most of all it allows me to use my creative mind. I was talking to my co-worker and my boss today and saying that I love being a Mommy and a homeschool Mom ... but if it weren't for those things, I would love to be doing my job full time. I kind of wish I had discovered this fun and creative career way back when before I had kids and was working full time.

But for now, my choice in life is to be with my family (almost) full time and to just do this job part time. And it works really well right now .... of course, if you talk to me next week while we are in the midst of the Valentine's Day rush I may say otherwise!!

Anyway, on Thankful Thursday I wanted to say thank you Lord for my job. Thank you for wonderful bosses who understand my obligation to my family, thank you for great co-workers and a short commute. Thank you that it's fun and exciting and I truly enjoy it.

And here is an arrangement I did just the other day ...
And a closer look ...

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful arrangement! I used to work in a floral shop when I was in high school and I remember how it made me feel to put a boquet together. So bright and cheerful!

Tuten Family addition... said...

Wow,very impressive Kathy. Your a woman of many talents. I love it. I have always enjoyed that kind of stuff I used to do it for a senior citizens home. For us amateurs it took me along time to get it just right.