Sunday, February 17, 2008

A busy week

Valentines week proved to be one of my busiest weeks since leaving the full time work force 6 & 1/2 years ago. When you work at a flower shop, Valentines is your biggest time of year. I ended up doing about 40 hours in 4 days, and that was continuous working on my feet, rarely getting a moment to sit. But it was fun and fast paced and I learned so much and actually got pretty good at making really beautiful arrangements in a very short amount of time.

We were busy all week, but on Thursday alone we made 164 arrangements ... and that's pretty good for such a small flower shop with only 3 people doing the flowers and 2 people handling the phone and walk-ins. My kids were shuffled all around with Daddy and my MIL stepping in to help most of the time. I truly appreciated them helping so much so the kids had a good week too, even with Mommy gone so many hours.

I didn't have much time to take pictures, but did manage to snap a few, so here they are:
The cooler was FILLED with tons of finished arrangements:
LOTS of people order a dozen red roses ...
We had roses in a lot of beautiful colors ...
A basket arrangement that I made:
"Jewel of my heart" arrangement ... the vase was a beautiful purple color ...

No comments: