Friday, February 22, 2008

5 years ago ...

My heart grew by another mile. My second daughter was born. We'd never expected to have another baby so soon, but 17 months after H was born we were at the hospital again welcoming another little baby girl into our family.

I was doing some scrapbooking tonight and looking through some old photos -- because of course I'm VERY far behind in my scrapbooking! And it just struck me how fast life moves ... especially after having children! Scrapping some pictures from 2 years ago I kept feeling like the events had just happened ... how could it be that they actually happened 2 whole years ago??!!

Somehow these thoughts had me looking back into my photo files on the computer where I came across some pictures of J when she was a newborn. These were pre-digital days so forgive me if the photo quality isn't that great ... hope you enjoy some before and after pictures of our sweet little J.

Also, my niece Rebekah was born just 8 days before J. Over the years we have always liked to take their pictures together to see how much they have grown and changed. At the bottom you will see a picture from when they were newborns (all snuggled together) and then a recent picture from Becca's birthday last week.

J, about a week old.

The photo I took to use for her birth announcement.

And look at me now! I like Hannah Montana and bowling. I'm a great swimmer. I can draw a self portrait on the chalkboard.
Becca and J, Becca was 2.5 weeks old, J was 1 week old.
Becca and J now ... both turning 5 years old!

We love you J and Becca!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

your comments about being a mom make want to be one right now! :) i loved the pictures you posted from your homeschooling area...my mom homeschooled me in middle school and i would love to homeschool my kids someday (at least for a few years) if i ever have the chance.

i have a question about your work as a floral designer. did you get a degree in it or take classes or anything? or are you self-taught? that just seems like such a fun, gratifying job - and one that would be easy to work into having a family.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for contacting me through my Blog....you don't have your e-mail linked through your profile...so I'll leave mine.

probablytracy@sbcglobal.net

We have a LOT in common I would love to chat more...btw we live in Ohio at the moment.