I made sure that I carefully planned our school stuff so that it would all work and it did! Yay! Good things happen when I use my time wisely! {Which if you remember, 'time' was one of my words this year and using it wisely was one of my goals!}
On Monday we took the girls to Mystic Village where they have a big duck pond. The girls always love going there to feed the ducks.
One thing they always ask to do is go back in the woods behind our house and go to the stream. Some times I say no because I can't see the stream from the house and if I'm busy doing something in the house I can't go with them. But often I just don't *feel* like going out with them. {selfish, remember?} This week I decided to say yes. I got a pair of rain boots at Target on clearance this week and decided not only would I say yes, but that I would JOIN the girls for a fun adventure!
And guess what? It was really fun!!









Later in the week we went on another letterbox hunt, for another walk in the woods with Daddy and the puppy, to a park with friends and played basketball in the driveway as a family on Friday night after dinner. {And two fun field trips that I will blog about later}. I can't say enough how wonderful it felt to get outside and moving again. And being with my family, building these precious memories is priceless. When my girls are grown I don't want them to remember Mom as someone who sat in the house on the computer - I want them to remember me as a Mom who got my wellies on and tromped in the stream with them or who got out in the driveway to play HORSE instead of sitting inside doing housework.
And guess what? It was really fun!!
It's been a great week. I pray that I will take what I learned this week and carry it into the next one and the next one and the next one .... =)
2 comments:
That's so nice, Kathy. I hope I will be like that when I am a mom someday.
I loved this post. I laughed out loud when you wrote about the panic attack/what if we're on tv thoughts. You are definitely one of my mom role-models!
Post a Comment