Thursday, March 31, 2011

PLEASE tell me ...

I'm not the only one whose house gets this messy EVERY week?! Papers, books and junk all over the hutch ... The kitchen table COVERED with crafty stuff, books, school stuff, etc ...
Not one square inch to eat on!
The ironing board in the middle of the dining room where it has sat for DAYS! {I've even begun to make it useful by setting my makeup on it while I use the mirror on the wall!}
Kitchen counters covered in school work, dishes and stuff for science experiments ...
Box full of scrapbook stuff that sat literally in the center of the kitchen floor for DAYS until I finally put the stuff away ...
More scrapbook stuff that needs to be put away ...
DISHES, DISHES AND MORE DISHES!!!!


Laundry by the basement door - notice it's NEXT to the basket, not IN the basket!
Laundry baskets in the living room are a daily occurrence - usually filled with clean laundry that needs to be put away!
The top of my dresser COVERED in stuff - which I JUST cleaned last week!
Foot spa in the middle of the bathroom floor - which sat there for days!
Um yeah ... I'm sensing a theme here ... a whole lotta stuff that just needs to be PUT AWAY where it belongs! UGH! I hate when my house gets messy and out of control! It always makes me feel so stressed and anxious. I feel so much more organized and happy when it's clean!


Anyone else have this problem??!!

8 comments:

Mary said...

KATHY! YES! I actually considered taking pics and revealing my stress but am not as brave as you. I become so frazzled and stressed when my home isn't in order too. Mine is spilling out to my van too. I was busy tidying today to get control of it. This post could have been mine! Really and truly!

Becky McCoy said...

I've gotten better at less clutter at home, but my classroom is a disaster. Mountains. I hate it, but just haven't gotten around it yet...

Alicia K said...

This is our house any given day of the week ... we do have a housekeeper, though I have cut her back to just once a month. Our house is only truly clean for the one hour after her departure. I figure having my house like this is homeschooling life. :)

Lindsay said...

I hear ya, Kathy, and I don't even have kids!!!

MPH said...

No, you're not the only one whose house gets this messy EVERY week. But you may be the only one to post pictures on a blog!

Stacey Pittsinger said...

Mary...I am also not as brave as Kathy. Kathy your mess looks tame compared to mine. My house is so tiny you would expect that it would take no time at all to keep everything put away and tidy but no...not true. As I've mentioned before I struggle with finding homes for things.

Lora @ my blessed life said...

You're so not alone here. Even with the majority of our stuff in storage at the moment we still manage to have things everywhere!

Sandra said...

YES!!! It's a constant battle at my house. You are brave woman to post this on your blog, but you made me feel better. Now I know I'm not alone....