I have had this wooden quilt hoop probably ALL of my married life ... just sittin' around waiting for me to quilt ... or do some other crafty thing with it.
I've been inspired by some blogs lately to make a cute wall hanging from my quilt hoop and this is what I came up with!

I knew I wanted to use a saying that would inspire me. So I used cream colored yarn and a large needle and just simply stitched the words on the fabric. Then I found an image of a dove online, printed it out and used it as a template. I cut the dove out of cream colored felt and used my sewing machine to zip around the edges to secure it to the fabric.
Then I made a few fabric flowers and hot glued them to the bottom edge of the hoop. I was so excited to see how it came out!
I just got accepted to my very first craft fair and have decided that this is one of the items I'm going to sell. {This one I'm keeping, it matches my new living room colors!}
I was beyond thrilled when I went to my local Goodwill store and found 8 more hoops for just 49 cents each! They are smaller than mine, but I am looking forward to making them into something beautiful to sell at the craft fair!

If anyone ever sees some old wooden quilt hoops either at a Goodwill or garage sale or something like that - if they are a good price would you buy them for me and let me know so I can pay you back? Or just call me up and tell me to hurry up and get my butt over here to buy them myself? THANKS!
This post is linked to ...
No comments:
Post a Comment