Anyhow ... big news this week ... MY CAMERA IS BACK! WOOHOO!! So I promise in the coming days there will be much more interesting posts and pictures too. YAY for pictures and color and recording of memories!
Also, this past week was a very tough one, I will share more on this at a later time, but it was just very trying on me and filled with moments where I just felt like nothing was going my way. I know I'm leaving a lot out right now, but really want to write a separate post about that later.
Sometimes it's hard to choose thankfulness when things aren't going my way. Sometimes I'd rather complain or grumble or whine instead of choosing gratitude. But I have found since I've been counting these gifts that the Lord is really working on me and changing my 'poor me' perspective. I find that even on the tough days I am able to see all the good things and the good that comes from following Him and choosing joy, even when I don't feel like it.
And so, with that being said - here are all the many things I have to be thankful for this week ...
* a fun field trip to the science museum - felt so good to get out of the house!
* Panera lunch date with my girls
* the wonder over God's magnificent creation - to walk through the science museum and KNOW that it's all because of Him, the creator of all the earth.
* the girls being able to play outside
* Joy singing in the back seat to my Mandisa CD
* a Moms night out while the kids are at Awana
* friends who listen, understand and are going through the same things
* the heat register which softly blows the curtains back and forth
* getting through a tough week with the oldest daughter
* a very patient, kind and understanding music teacher - really Jessica, I can't say enough how thankful we are to have you!
* our MOMS group at church
* a sweet email from my Mother in law that tells me she is proud of me
* hearing one of my best friends speak at MOMS and being both encouraged and challenged by what she shared
* new homeschool friends! and answer to my prayers!
* walking across the frozen lake and marveling at just how cool it was {about 14 inches thick!}
* long conversations about homeschooling, kids, books, crafts, and even difficult, tragic times in our lives with a new friend
* Friday night pizza and movie date (at home) with my girlies
* AMERICAN GIRL PLACE!!!
* a fun filled Saturday with 2 of my girlfriends and 5 little girls - shopping, eating, laughing, talking ... oh the girly goodness!!
* our oldest daughter wanting to come up to 'big church' upstairs with the adults so she can take part in communion {which truly touched my heart after the rough week we'd had}
* seeing her mature and grow right before our eyes
*"take my time here on this earth, and let it glorify all that You are worth; for I am nothing, I am nothing without You ..."
* John 10:10 'I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.'
* Upward basketball
* an amazing basketball trick artist who spoke the gospel and shares not only her talents but the Lord with many people for His glory, not her own
* little Iris {4 yrs old} singing the National Anthem WAY better than Christina Aguilara ever could -- literally brought me to tears!
* our Shepherd group 'family'
* an amazing Mexican potluck dinner at Shep group
* fellowship and conversation
* a good night sleep after a busy week and weekend
* bright, cheery daffodils in my kitchen
* having my camera back :)
One Thousand Gifts #431-462
2 comments:
that was such an encouragement to read - i'm thankful to be there. :)
I loved what you said about it being hard to choose thankfulness. It's been one of those weeks for me, too. But since reading this book and starting my list, I've become so aware that it IS a choice. VERY HARD at times, but still a choice. I'm so glad I stopped by today! It was a blessing and an encouragement for me to read, knowing that your week was a hard one! Thalnk you!
Post a Comment