Edie at Life in Grace is hosting a virtual cookie exchange and you’re all invited to the party! Simply post about your favorite Christmas cookies and then share it over on Edie’s blog! Just think how much fun this will be and all of the fun new recipes you can get!
My recipe is courtesy of one of my very best friends; my friend Sarah who I have known since I was 15. She and her sister, Rachel shared this recipe with me years ago and I make them every year. They are so, so simple!
You take a box of Devil’s Food cake mix and add the following:
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
Beat together to form your cookie dough.
Then you add any kind of choc chips that you want. I add about half of the bag or approx. 1 cup full. You can add more if you think it needs it! I usually do either white choc chips or mint choc chips. This year I discovered Andes Mint choc bits. They are heavenly! I added those to my cookies this year and they taste amazing!
Form into balls and Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 min, this recipe makes about 30 cookies depending on how large you make them!
Side note … I LOVE this time of year when it’s perfectly acceptable to have a platter FULL of cookies on the counter every day! I just enjoyed some delicious homemade shortbread with my cup of tea. MMMMmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Now go join the cookie exchange party! =)
~~Kathy~~
3 comments:
Cake mix cookies! We love cake mix cookies, we like to frost the middle and make a sandwich cookie.
Any cookies that involve cake mix are favorites of mine! Thanks for the new variation.
I LOVE cake mix cookies. THanks so much for sharing with us, can't wait to try them.
lots of love,
edie
Post a Comment