Today was cold. This morning I had to take my daughter to a follow up doctor's appointment and as I stepped outside in the sunny morning air I literally smiled from ear to ear. Why? Because it's cold. The ground was frosty with a few small traces of snow leftover. It feels like Christmas season now. I love the cold, brisk air. I love wearing a warm coat and scarf and using the heated seat in my car.
Today I wore a thick sweatshirt and thick wool socks in the house while I finished addressing my Christmas cards and drinking a warm, spiced Chai tea. And I lit a candle - just because. I have so many candles and I always forget to use them, except for special days of course. But I'm trying to embrace the everyday moments more, light those unused candles, breathe in their yummy scents!
Today we snuggled together to watch the Polar Express. I dozed off. I have such a hard time staying awake for movies! My hubby always laughs at me! I love, love, love the music from the Polar Express. {wow, Josh Groban gives me chills ... listen to it below if you have a couple minutes.}
Day 6 of our book tradition we read: How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss {I love Dr. Seuss books, I love to try to read them fast - trying to keep up with all the silly rhymes! Am I the only one who does this I wonder?}
We also read from the AoC about The Wise Men ... did you know the Bible doesn't say there were 3? We only assume that because there were 3 gifts mentioned.
Day 7 we read: The Littlest Christmas Tree {such a cute story about growing and becoming - tons of spiritual application in this small book!}
And from the AoC ... we read about Nativity Scenes. We are blessed to have about 6 sets in our home which were all given to us as gifts. Do you have one? If not, consider getting one that your kids can play with - when I was young we had a soft set that my Mom had sewn. It was great because we could play with the characters and tell the story of Jesus birth and my Mom didn't have to worry about us breaking fragile pieces. Most of mine are fragile. But I still let the girls touch them ... they are just things after all and even if they were accidentally broken it would be OK. What they symbolize is so much more and I certainly don't mind the girls acting that out every day!
Today I started 'eating healthy' again. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment trying to do this at Christmastime aren't I??!! But I figured if I can stay on track for Monday-Friday then I can allow myself to 'cheat' a little on the weekends when we always seem to have events and parties and stuff. But you wanna know the funniest thing? Today I got a package in the mail from a dear friend. In the package - stuffed to the gills with my favorite candy and chocolate that you can only buy in Canada!! Yep, God sure does have a sense of humor doesn't he?? Are you wondering if I ate any of the goodies? Yes. I did. But only the mini size and I did count it towards my food plan for the day. See, I can do this!! hahaha ...
1 comment:
All I can say is .... I can't believe you ONLY ate the mini one!!!
Man, there's a whole lotta 'healthy eating cheating' in those chocolate bar bags!!
Ha! ... yes, the timing!!
Post a Comment