Just like the rest of you I am trying to finish up a lot of loose ends for our Christmas, plus on top of that I'm also working at the flower shop a lot for the next week. So that being said - I regret to say that I simply have not kept track of the books we've been opening each night! The girls still open one each night, and we still read them together along with a page or two from the ADVENTure of Christmas ... but I cannot remember all the titles - sorry!
In other news ... I finished my baking today. My shopping is done. I'm waiting on one or two more addresses for cards, but otherwise we've already mailed out about 100. I finished one daughter's blanket and am about halfway done with the other daughter's blanket. And I have about half of my wrapping done. SOOOO, I'm getting there! Had hoped to have ALL these items already checked off my list, but things have been busy around here and I just haven't finished it all yet.
Oh, and it's COLD here today. We had another weird 'warm' day with temps in the 50's ... but today we're in the 20's with cold wind and it feels very much like winter now!
Here's a random thought I was wondering about today ... for any of you that homeschool - do you take a lot of time off in December or do you press on and try to get studies done along with all the other stuff? I'm finding it very hard to get stuff done and try to keep any of us focused on school work. I sense that we are going to be playing catch up come January - but in a way that's fine, I like to enjoy this season and the girls have been great helpers for me lately.
I'm leaving you with a new fave Christmas song ... we bought the Taylor Swift Christmas CD and really like it so far - even if there are only 6 songs on it! Here is one of my faves ...
No comments:
Post a Comment