Sunday, December 6, 2009

I am a winner, I am a winner!

No, this is not my way to doing self-affirmation exercises with myself!

I never win anything. Never. Ever. EVER. Until now! I always enter all these cool giveaways on all these awesome blogs and never win them. I admit, it's a little disappointing. After all, who doesn't like to win things, right?

Well a couple weeks ago I left a comment on MckMama's blog on one of her 'name that photo' posts. What I didn't know was that it was a contest in disguise and she picked MY quote as the winner! wahooo! So exciting! What I won is this adorable stuffed animal/pillow/blanket ... it arrived in the mail the other day and it's simply adorable!! My girls are a little bit old for this type of thing {although they too would probably love it!} so, I have a very cute little baby girl in mind to give it to for Christmas! I can't wait to give it to her!
{Sorry this image is teeny, tiny ... if you'd like to check out this adorable croc or any of the other cute Zoobie pets, click here.}
AND, I also won something else! Yes, I'm a double winner friends! Can you believe it? A couple days ago you may have noticed that I posted what seemed like a strange post about April Showers blog and about how by simply posting this paragraph I was a winner. Well I am! A winner that is! I won a $50 gift certificate to choose any services from her blog design business! Yippeee! I have always wanted a custom blog design ... now I get to choose some goodies to spruce up my blog! I can't wait! {I'm not sure how long it will take her, I know she does a lot of blog designs, but rest assured when things get changed around here you will be the first to know!}

What else is new? Well we had our first small snowstorm last night. It only left about an inch of snow and a lot of it is already melted this morning. But I broke out my favorite dressy black coat for church this morning and it finally 'felt' like the Christmas season.

Last night the kids, hubs and I snuggled up together to watch the 'Pixar short films' - some of them were so funny we were laughing so hard. I also bought one of those large popcorn tins from Walmart - you know the ones with the three kinds of popcorn in them? Hubs loves them and we buy one every Christmas ... so we all enjoyed delving into that while we watched the mini movies last night.

And I stayed up WAY too late reading my book last night. I can't tell you which book it is yet - I want to finish it first, then I'll share how I felt about it. Don't you just love the element of mystery??? haha ...

Oh, one last thing - the books we've opened and read for days 3-5 are:

Day 3 ~ Christmas without a tree {did not read our ADVENTure book that night}
Day 4 ~ 101 Holiday Jokes {did not read ADVENTure book that night either - busy night}
Day 5 ~ Ripley's Believe it or Not Special Edition and read about 'December 25th' in the ADVENTure of Christmas book - which will now be referred to as AoC from here on out. ;)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think I have an idea what this book is that your reading. I'll tell you my guess when I see you Wed.

Bethany said...

thats crazy!! I read her blog all the time but almost never comment. she gets SO many - what are the chances of winning?! so what was your comment? :)