OH BOY! This post from Kimba is all me!
Take a minute to hop over and read her post ... then come back here ....
I seriously felt like that could have been ME writing that post! Yes, I love Christmas! Yes, I'm trying to focus on the joy of the season. Yes, I love snow and spending time with my kids and baking and crafting and sewing and all that fun Christmasy stuff.
BUT, yes - I have been a monster Mommy and a witchy wife lately. Yes, the stress of trying to 'do it all' can get to me. Yes, checking out other blogs can fill me with feelings of inadequacy and the desire to do more, be more, make more.
It's not that I'm being fake with you friends. Like I said, I really do love Christmas and all that comes with it. But the reality is that sometimes it doesn't bring out the best in me. And I'm ashamed to say that - but you need to know it so you don't think for one second that you are the only one out there who is stressed, tired, grumpy and overwhelmed!
The best news of all though? Grace. Forgiveness. New mercies EVERY morning. A chance to wake up and start over. Begin again. Be redeemed.
Praise God for that!
2 comments:
Amen Sister! My first thought this morning as I rolled out of bed ... in one week the craziness will all be over. I always have such great intentions every holiday season but, between my list of to do's and extended family drama things never turn out like they do in the movies. Thanks for keeping it real!
Thanks for sharing, Kathy! This is an area in which God has been seriously working on me for the last couple of years, teaching me to let go of my expectations and enjoy the moments as they come. I still have a long ways to go b/c that evil duo have been found at my house, too. But, by God's grace, they haven't been as frequent of visitors this year. May He keep growing and changing us into the image of the one we celebrate!
Post a Comment