We had a blessedly quiet and calm Christmas at home with our family, the grandparents and Bob's brother. On Christmas Eve we went to my in-law's house for a birthday party for Jesus before going to Christmas Eve service at church. One of my favorite gifts were these beautiful paintings that our girls made for us. They are learning so much about art from my father in law and we are blessed to have their art all around our home.
On Christmas Eve we also celebrated spiritual birthdays. Hope had her 2nd spiritual birthday and since Joy just accepted Christ earlier in the month we decided to give them both new Bibles. They had been using either kids {cartoon} Bibles or an old Bible from my childhood up until now. I love that they sat right down and really got excited about checking them out and looking stuff up in them!
We got several new board games and had SO much fun playing together!
I just love the smiles on my Mom and Joy's faces on Christmas morning ...
My silly dog who couldn't wait to dig into her new treats!
I made new 'blankies' for my daughters ... I loved seeing the joy on their faces when they saw them!
Lots of excited faces over every thing they opened ... whether big or small, they were so thankful and appreciative!
I love that she had no idea AT ALL what she was getting and was surprised when we brought it out!

At the end of Christmas day my oldest said 'I think this was the best Christmas ever because we got so many things we can do as a family.' I love that the girls were so appreciative and kept saying over and over again thank you to all the people who gave them things. I love that they were so excited to shop for and hand out their gifts to others as much as they were excited to receive things. These girls are such a blessing to us and we thank the Lord for them - our greatest gifts!
3 comments:
I totally understand how you feel! Our girls are so excited over even the littlest gifts and they appreciate EVERYTHING. It makes them so fun to buy for and they even wanted to go shopping with their own money to buy gifts for others. Our oldest two have been very inquisitive about Christmas this year especially when we read David Jeremiah's "Why the Nativity". I'm glad it has invoked questions and a desire for understanding in them. I love these moments and will hold onto them forever. Looks like your family had a beautiful Christmas.
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, Kathy! Praise the Lord for His many blessings.
Looks like a lot of GREAT Family gifts! The wii is lots of fun, we added a wii fit this year. The kids get a kick out of my husband and I playing along. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment