I always have the best of intentions after any major holiday - the ever present 'I WILL EAT HEALTHY' promise I make to myself. But somehow that leftover pumpkin bread just calls to me every morning when I wake up ... and darn it, I'm foiled again!!
Anyhooo ... I'm not much of a breakfast eater - all the things I like for breakfast are all the things I should avoid - muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc. SO many days I either skip it or wait till it's 10:30 and I'm starving, then shove the closest thing in my mouth. Which isn't usually anything healthy!
A friend posted this yogurt recipe - I do love yogurt and berries so I think I'll give it a try. I also bought some protein bars and protein shakes at walmart today - I figured if I'm not in the mood to eat I can at least down a shake or bar and it will be a much healthier choice.
So dear friends ... do share - what is your favorite {healthy} breakfast??
5 comments:
Love the Christmas background!
I try to have something substantial at breakfast so that I don't get hungry too fast, but I usually forget to eat altogether. Been working hard to keep healthy snacks around so that when I do grab for something to eat I can stay on the healthy side!
I am on Weight Watchers right now and my favorite breakfast before or right after the gym is Thomas English Muffin - high fiber version and 1 tsp of peanut butter plus, a banana. It keeps me full usually until at least 1 or 2 PM in the afternoon.
Yogurt recipe sounds great!!
Breakfast is one of the best meals if you could eat it as Brunch everyday! I too have a hard time eating in the morning and when I'm ready I'm either at work or I grab whatever is quick and easy. Sometimes I make a smoothie for my ride to work. I use Stonyfield farm yogurt, a banana, frozen berries with a little orange juice and flaxseed. Makes for a great dinner when I had a late lunch. My hubby is usually the smoothie maker and the healthy fit one, I haven't figured out why I don't have the self control he does (:
Sorry for my rambling on!
Back when I was on WW I remember having breakfast burritos. Multigrain taco size tortilla, egg beaters, turkey bacon and low-fat shredded cheese. Top with healthy salsa.
Love the look of the blog--the girls are beautiful! No healthy breakfast ideas--I could drink coffee all morning (splenda and half-n-half. Some of the protein bars aren't too bad. The zone bars are almost like candy bars so watch out. Lately, I've been eating soyjoy, but they're pretty small. When I had diabetes, I had to eat one egg every morning, so I still do that occassionally for the protein...
Post a Comment