Monday, November 30, 2009

Blessed

Today is our 13th Wedding Anniversary! I am so blessed to be married to my very best friend. I look back at pictures of our wedding day and think, 'wow, we were just kids!' and in some ways the world would say we were at just 20 and 22 years old. But I love the fact that we got married young and we chose to tackle the world together. We grew and matured and learned along the way and we did it all together.

I am so thankful to have a husband who is:
kind
patient
loving
giving
helpful
listens
puts my needs before his own

This morning I also can't stop thinking of my Dad. My Dad was not a mushy person or a man of many words. Growing up he didn't always say I love you, even though I knew he did love me. For my wedding he planned a special secret - he had a family friend of ours sing 'Butterfly Kisses' to me at the reception. I had never heard the song before that day. I cried. So did the rest of the wedding guests! When my Dad was sick with leukemia he did say he loved me; many, many times. I am thankful for growing up in a loving Christian home with a great Dad who loved me, even if he didn't always say it out loud. I do believe his example led me to looking for a husband with similar characteristics of strength, kindness and helpfulness.

So today I'm thankful and blessed by the two very important men I've had in my life - my Dad {who took care of me for my growing up years} and my amazing husband, Bob {who is taking care of me in my adult years}.

Maybe someday I'll drag out my scanner and show you some of our wedding photos!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy Anniversary!
And "yes please!" to the scanner. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a nive day (:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

happy anniversary! i don't regret getting married young, either. and i LOVE the picture of your girls!!

Stacey Pittsinger said...

Happy Anniversary. I wish you and hubby many more happy years together.