First find a nice round container - something like a coffee can would work well, as would a peanut butter jar or even a clear glass jar.
Cut strips of various fall-ish papers - I had these in my scrapbook stock so I didn't even have to buy any - but even if you don't have fall-ish papers on hand you could have your kids draw something on blank paper and that would be cute too.
Adhere the papers around the jar. Tie some ribbons around the jar for extra impact and texture.
Then cut a bunch of scraps of papers that will be used to write things we're thankful for.
What we do: I place the jar and the papers on the kitchen counter where everyone can see it. I encourage my family members to write things on the notes as often as they think of them. Doesn't have to be at any certain time - but I do encourage them to think of things throughout the day and to go and write them as soon as they come to mind. Put your thankful notes in the jar and they can be read aloud on Thanksgiving day. The girls were already having fun writing things and sneaking them in the box so I wouldn't see what they wrote!
6 comments:
you are so creative...i need to come visit you and get all your ideas---or you can just keep posting them on-line. :) VERY cute blog.
love this!
Love the new title! That is an awesome family photo!!!!
thats cute! For 2 years I have put a paper tree trunk on the dining room wall and let everyone write what they are thankful for on leaves. I just love to have everyone thinking about it!
I heard of this idea I think, from Jerry and Sarah Mattix. We attempted to do it one year, but it sort of fell by the wayside. We need to do it again!
I love this idea! I think I'd like to try something like it. Great job there lady!
Post a Comment