
Today I'm trying something new ... this month I have pondered the word 'thanksgiving' quite a bit. I think it only comes natural at this time of year to think about thankful things. {try saying that 10x fast!}
So I've decided to link up and join in with Ann Voskamp's blog where she counts 1000 gifts. From her blog:
"Want to drink the joy elixir? Become a Joy Finder? Consider joining the Gratitude Community-- just jump in with your own counting!"
So here we go ... {FYI, this will be an ongoing list - there is no way I'd have time to write out 1000 gifts today!}
1. a loving husband
2. two vibrant, healthy, little girls
3. my mom
4. my in laws
5. our extended family
6. a warm home
7. a {new to us} car
8. good doctors
9. internet
10. our church - the place itself and the community of believers
11. friends - so many wonderful friends!
12. photos
13. books
14. the Word of God
15. good food cooking in the crock pot
16. electricity
17. yummy coffee
18. clothes
19. a holiday to gather and be thankful
20. funds to buy Christmas gifts
21. more food than we need
"Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good, for His love endures forever!" Psalm 118:1
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:4-5
Want to know how to start your own 1000 gifts list? Or simply read more of Ann's blog? Go here and be refreshed!
No comments:
Post a Comment