
They have a blog now and you can hop on over there to see some great ideas, recipes and giveaways.
I have a few of their cookbooks and I LOVE them! These are the titles that I have:
1. "Good for you" which is a collection of good food, good fun and good stories for the body, mind and soul.
2. "Country quick and easy" fast family favorites and nothing to it meals that are simple, satisfying and delicious.
3. "Kids Stuff" games, projects, giggles and grins for kids of all ages
4. "Crockery Cooking" no fuss recipes that cook while you're away.
And I have to share a couple of my fave things that I have gotten from these cookbooks ...
From the Crockery Cooking book is one of my all time fave comfort foods ~
"I can't believe you made this in a slow cooker Broccoli Cheddar soup"
8 oz velveeta
2 10 oz cans of cream of celery soup
1 pt half and half (I used fat free and it was fine)
2 10 oz packages of frozen, chopped broccoli
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Makes 6-8 servings. I actually usually cook it for only about 2-3 hours. I chunk up the velveeta before putting it in the pot and I make sure to check on it and stir it often so the cheese blends well and it doesn't get all stuck on the bottom. I also learned the hard way that you should spray your pot with non-stick spray for much easier clean up! I serve with yummy fresh bread and {more!} cheese to sprinkle over the top!
In the Kids stuff book I found a great recipe for yummy smelling homemade playdough!
Mary Elizabeth's Super-Duper Play Dough
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
1 TBSP powdered Alum {find it in the spice aisle}
2 pkg unsweetened fruit flavored drink mix {like those koolaid packets} pick whatever color/flavor you wish
2 TBSP vegetable oil
2 cups boiling water
Mix together flour, salt, alum and drink mix in a large mixing bowl. Add oil. Pour boiling water over flour mixture ~ stir until well combined. Knead dough until smooth. Store in an airtight plastic bag or covered container. If it's too sticky you may need to play around a bit by adding a little extra flour.
In a Christmas book that my Mom has I found some awesome recipes for gifts to give away. I made Christmas Cappuccino and have given it many times over at Christmastime. I also made some homemade mints and candies that were great gifts too.
And a quick quote I enjoyed from the "Good for You" book:
"Smile wrinkles are the best kind."
So if you have a moment or two ... check out Gooseberry Patch's website, you can even sign up to receive a free catalog. They have tons of great gift ideas - even ideas of things you can make and give away {think Christmas!} Or go check out their new blog.
Gooseberry Patch always makes me think warm thoughts of home cooking, sitting around the table together as a family, and of sharing some goodness with others. After all, 'it is more blessed to give, than to recieve.' Acts 20:35
1 comment:
I really want to try the Broccoli Cheddar soup. Sounds like a wonderful set of books.
Post a Comment