I had these two wood shelves that I was ready to pass on to Goodwill ... one was a simple wall shelf with some pegs, and the other was one of those wood CD towers. I can't remember the last time I used either shelf - and after having them sit in the closet for years I was ready to pass them on.Then I had this brilliant idea that they would look fabulous in the girl's room - they just needed a little sprucing up! The girl's room is painted HOT pink with white trim and accents, so I headed down to my garage hoping to find some white spray paint ... but what I found instead was even better!
SILVER spray paint!! Yep, shiny, silver spray paint. I couldn't believe my good fortune - I have no idea what I even bought silver spray paint for!! So I spray, it dried, I spray some more ... until it looked all nice and smooth and shiny all over ... I could hardly wait for the paint to dry before putting them in the girls' room!
The shelf went on the wall and is the perfect spot to hold all their little necklaces - on top I put some artwork that they painted last year. There is wall space below the shelf where I plan to add a full length mirror {so they will stop coming in my room to use mine!} where they can try on all their fave fashions and jewelry. =)
Go check out more great Do It Yourself posts over at Kimba's blog ...
3 comments:
silver was a GREAT choice. :)
They look great!
I love the silver! Good job!
Post a Comment