Friday, October 9, 2009

Curb Appeal take 2!

Remember this post about Curb appeal?

Well .... here is my front porch now!

It's not perfect, there are still some things I'd like to change. The paint on the steps needs to be re-painted. I'd like to get new black shutters {or try spray painting these} and I'd love it if my stubborn wreath would STAY ON THE DOOR! Since it keeps falling down I just placed in on the chair for now. But overall, I'm happy with the changes. I also think it's so much easier to 'decorate' the porch for fall because of all the lovely things like pumpkins, mums and scarecrows. So it may not look this good in other seasons ... but for now I like it!

So what did I do?
*I painted the yucky primer-white door a lovely black color.
*My FIL made me some vinyl numbers for the door so that the number is very clearly stated.
*I spray painted our adirondack chair a nice red color. It was previously unfinished but the red really pops on the porch, I can see it from way far down the road now! Doing the spray paint was easy and only took one morning! Since it's not a door we go in and out of it doesn't matter that the chair takes up most of the porch.
*Then I added my fall decor ... voila!
I just love fall ....

3 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

The door looks a million times better painted black! Great choice! I love the way the red "pops" on the chair, too.

Bethany said...

try a metal wreath hanger - like you use for Christmas wreathes :)

Amy H said...

Looks great, Kathy! Do you have a 'before' picture?

Check out this link for the kind of hook I hang my wreaths on:
http://www.greenlightoffice.com/office/stationery/30736-3m-command-forever-classic-hook-1-hook-5-lb-capacity-metal-nickel.html