Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Tradition #2

In keeping with our Christmas traditions series I want to share the next thing we do every year. Our next tradition is putting up our Christmas tree and decorating the house. We do have a fake tree, we've had it for about 8 years. We talked about getting a real one this year but decided to save ourselves the money and just use what we had.

We do this sometime around or after Thanksgiving. Some years when we've been away for Thanksgiving we have put it up before but most years we do it the weekend after.

Anyway, usually Bob and the girls put together the tree. It's a long, tedious process where you have to sort through all the different sized branches, figure out where they go on the tree, and then fluff and spread out all the little branch pieces. The girls are fabulous helpers for Daddy.

While they do the tree, I do most of the rest of the house. I have lots of snowmen and way too many Christmas decorations ... so it takes me awhile to get them all situated just right. Of course I forgot to take photos of the finished product - so I'll have to add them to another post. but for now you can see the tree in progress by Daddy and the girls ...

No comments: