Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WOW!

I'm just blown away today. The Lord always uses things in my life to just knock my socks off!

So let me back up a bit ... a WHOLE bunch of months ago I was sharing with our Bible study group that I've felt such a burden for people's marriages lately. We have seen and experienced SO many people with failed marriages in the past year. Family, friends, Christians, non-Christians - just a WHOLE bunch of people whose marriages have ended. For ALL different reasons - and just for the record, this post is not a judgement of those people or the reason for their marriages ending - it's just to illustrate my point that this issue has been a burden on my heart for a while now.

Then, this past week we had our monthly MOMS meeting and one of our elder's wives talked about Cultivating Your Marriage - which was a fabulous and honest talk which truly encouraged my heart.

Also last week our pastor's wife called to ask me if I would be willing/able to help co-lead a group at our church's Ladies Bible Study this spring - and the group they want me to help co-lead ... the topic is MARRIAGE! {did you guess I was gonna say that?}

I'll be honest ... I was a little terrified and a little flattered! The more I thought about and prayed about it though, the more I realized that there is a reason the Lord has put this burden on my heart lately. There is a reason He wants me to pray for my marriage and the marriages of those around me. There is a reason He wants me to help lead - but also LEARN - these important truths!

I feel so blessed that I get to be a part of this. We had a planning meeting today where all the group leaders gathered together. This is a wonderful bunch of Godly women who are amazing leaders at our church. These are some of the elders wives, some of them have led the women's ministries for YEARS, and all around just an awesome group of Godly women. I am excited to work with them and be part of their team. I'm a little nervous, but also honored.

For those who are interested, the book we're going to study in our group is called 'The Joy of a Promise Kept' and it's written by the wives of many great leaders of our faith such as Max Lucado's wife and a bunch of others. {sorry, their names are escaping me right now!} The book is a pretty easy read so if you feel like you might be interested you should pick up a copy and follow along with us this spring!

Anyway, that's all for now ... just wanted to share! =)

No comments: