Monday, February 13, 2012

A Weekly Plan {Feb. 13-19}

Hmmmm, yeah I'm still here! Sorry for the lack of posts, lack of pictures and lack of discipline in the area of weekly plan posts! Sometimes life just gets in the way!

So, one thing I HAVE been doing lately is studying the book of Ephesians with a group called 'Good Morning Girls'. Every day you just read a couple verses and then take a little time to reflect on them. We are already on week FIVE and I can't believe I'm sticking with it! In the past I have been so bad at keeping a consistent quiet time and this has been such a blessing in my life right now! There are SO many people I know going through SO many difficult situations and making time to start my day with reading God's Word and prayer has been wonderful.

The other thing I've been doing lately is trying to kick my butt into shape. I still am not seeing much difference on the scale, but can tell my body is getting stronger little by little. I am signed up to run a 5k on St. Patrick's Day and have a couple others later in the year that I plan to do as well. I'm thankful that even when I don't see the scale moving I have a healthy, able body.

And our school days continue to plug along too. I have a confession to make. I'm no good at teaching science! Actually, I pretty much stink! I mean, it's super interesting and super fun and there is SO much stuff out there to learn ... but I hate trying to come up with lessons and ideas and how to put it all together. Last year we used Apologia and honestly, I probably should have just stuck with them this year. I thought I could save some money and use a book I already had but I've been a bit disappointed this year. Blah!!

What else? Well this coming weekend we're going to visit some friends so I'm trying to plan my week accordingly - getting our school work done, planning our meals, etc. It's fun to have a little weekend getaway to look forward to!

On the menu this week is:

Mon - Taco Soup {one of my all time faves and healthy too!}
Tues - Valentines Day {hubby is taking us out to dinner! woohoo!}
Wed - Awana night {sandwiches or easy stuff}
Thur - Eggs and Toast
Fri - on the road to Pennsylvania so we'll prob grab fast food or make sandwiches to bring in the car.

Pretty easy week as far as cooking goes!

I just have to say, one thing that this weekly plan has been really good for ... keeping my life in order. It might sound funny but I am the kind of person that gets busy with life and forgets simple stuff like cleaning the bathroom and changing the sheets weekly ... with this chart I have a GREAT reminder to do it every week and I love it! I'm also doing better with drinking more water and tracking it on the chart. So even though I'm not a stickler to every detail of the chart, it HAS been helpful and beneficial around here.

Anyway, guess that's about all for now ... sorry for such a lame, boring post today! hahaha

2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Thank you for the perspective about a healthy body! You know I am struggling with the weight loss, too. I may be chunky but at least my heart is getting healthier, right?! :)

Mary said...

Guess we could have identical posts. Running for 7 weeks has produced zero weight loss for me too but I feel SO good. And PS, I love your blog title this month!! It's fun to pop over and see them!