Awhile ago we had our bedroom an olive green color with red/olive bedding from Waverly. Then we got tired of it and went with pale blue walls with blue/brown bedding. But many times we still use both of the quilts/comforters so our bed still has both the red and the blue on it most of the time. {Hubby has this thing about not sharing the comforter at night - LOL - or he would say that *I'm* the one who doesn't share well - so he insists we each have our own to sleep with.}
Then, through my Blessings Unlimited business I got this GORGEOUS magnetic board with these adorable little magnet birdies. The birds are in this cute, vintag-y blue and red fabric ... and we hung it in our room and it sorta got my wheels turning ...
So my thought now is that I'd like to recover my current comforter{s} with some pretty fabrics that include both the blue and the red colors. I definitely DO NOT want to patriotic, red/white/blue thing going on though.
I found the following images online and am using them as my inspiration photos ...

I REALLY love the look of this bedding!
I sorta like this one, but think it's a bit too feminine ...
And I love the color combos in this notebook ...* I want to make sure it's not too girly or feminine, after all, this is my hubby's room too. But red IS his fave color!
* I like a country chic kind of look. A little bit old fashioned looking, a little bit classic country, VERY comfortable and cozy - definitely NOT modern, geometric or anything like that.
* The other trouble I'm having is just finding fabrics I like. So, if you see any, or see any ideas out there in blog / pinterest land - PLEASE forward them to me!
Thanks in advance for your input!

2 comments:
I love the first bedding picture! The red curtains make the space, I think. I can't wait to see what you find!
I like the blue & red together and I like the first comforter too. I usually have good luck at Joanne's (not the one near you though). Sometimes you have to keep checking but most of the time they have some nice home decor fabrics on sale.
Post a Comment