How about a little JOY for your Monday morning??
I have a great little giveaway today but it's gonna be a quick one, so DON'T delay in leaving a comment!
I've been learning a lot lately about how this time of year needs to be one of rest and peace and slowing down. Sounds ridiculous to expect those things to happen at CHRISTMASTIME, right? But it IS possible! I will have MUCH more to say on this very soon, but for today, please share one thing you do that helps you to slow down, rest and/or create peace through the holiday season.
I will draw a random winner from the entries and ship your gift out this week. You only have until TUESDAY at MIDNIGHT to enter so don't delay!
Now, what will you win ...
A copy of the book 'Playful Learning' !!!

So get busy and leave a comment ... and have a great Monday friends!
12 comments:
This year, I am using an app to track gift-giving so I don't over buy and I keep a balance between all the kids. It's made it easier to relax knowing that is handled.
I can tell you one way NOT to slow down...put stuff for sale on APT
seriously, I have been waiting until night time to read my adbent devotion...nice and quiet...tree lights on...at least I go to sleep focused on Him. Lynnebee
*bwahahaha....adbent...I meant ADVENT
Planning for peace brings peace - at least in my case.
From July 4th on, I begin Christmas shopping. I'm not good at saving money. I am good at finding bargains at odd times. I will shop for my family through out the year, wrap and hide the gifts till Christmas. Not having to face the crowds in December, not having to wrap frantically on Christmas Eve, not having to break the bank is such a peace maker. Plus, we've been able to give a significant gift to each child every Christmas for $30 or less.
On Sundays, I talk with my husband about his schedule and intentions for the week. I create a plan for him, me, and the children based on what must be done. The other things can happen, but I purposefully do not cram things in to the schedule.
I plan meals around the kind of day we are having so we are not tempted to just eat frozen pizza or order out.
I may prep foods ahead of time so that we can heat and eat if necessary (the crock pot is my winter friend!).
If we are going to be out late, I intend for a lazy morning start. (Praise God for homeschool!). Today is an example of that. Michael had an Awana club visit nearly an hour away last night. I'm the only one up (aside from my 8 year old who just joined me). Its 9 am!
We are not running behind this morning because I planned for a lazy start after a late night.
I learned awhile ago to keep special outfits for my children hanging in MY closet. I always have a formal outfit for the season for each person (down to socks and underwear) in my closet. Why? Because it never fails that if we are going to a Christmas party/wedding/funeral/dinner whatever that someone doesn't have socks, or that they have to wear cowboy boots with a fancy dress. If I always have that part covered, we never have to worry about it! One less stress.
And the number one stress reliever may sound backward, but its true. Getting up before everyone else, having a little quiet time, makes the day so much better. Having that time with the Lord, starting the day with peace, allows the day to begin in a calm way. I am not trying to get ready myself while other little ones are needing me.
Oh, I think I forgot to leave my name! :-) Michelle Bowen is Ministry Mom.
Hi...one way I slow down this time of year is to sit by the fire and look at the lit Christmas tree. We always put a star on top of the tree as a reminder of the star that led the shepherds to Jesus. I want that star to remind us and lead us daily back to Jesus. Darcie
It seems like this time of the year always gets so hectic, even if I try otherwise. However, giving myself the flexibility to change plans at the last minute, etc., does help with the stress level:)
Fantastic Giveaway!!! This looks like a great book. I love the concept and always look for ideas to implement in our home.
One thing we are doing in pursuing peace is continuing our tradition of Jesse Tree advent readings and ornaments. I love the calm evenings all together as a family right before bed. Love it.
I Try and make all my present for my family while my mom reads us books(school). that way i do not have to go out shopping as much!
Anna Meng
We went on a drive last night just to look at Christmas lights. We laughed together and had a great stress-free time! We're planning to do that again several more times.
This is always a challendge at this time of year. I have found that it is essential to protect one day for staying at home. My day works out to be Monday. We have a lazy morning, do lots of school, and then get all our major chores done. That way when the busyness of the week sets in I know that my basic housework is taken care of. I also use that evening to spend intentional time with my husband. I find that I look forward to this "home" day all week. Sometimes it's hard to say no to other activities, but I always feel more frantic when I don't have my usual Monday.
What helps me to slow down at this time of year is simply to finish my shopping early. I usually start in October and finish by the end of the first week of December. I also try to keep the gift giving simple. This helps me to enjoy our traditions of cookie baking, admiring Christmas lights, doing special devotions, and other things. December then becomes a joyful time of remembering the real reason we celebrate Christmas and enjoying this specail time with our family.
Post a Comment