Do your kids have these? I guess this is a new craze that has hit the nation recently ... my girls just learned about them about a week or two ago and already they are hooked!

Many of our local schools are banning them because they are causing too much distraction in schools, and kids are also using them to trade/bribe for things which they shouldn't {example: a kid trading his lunch for silly bandzz}.

Here in our homeschool, they are fine. And even though I'm not one to buy into the latest fads, I think this one is pretty harmless. And just for the record, I have not spent a dime on all of these. The girls were talking to my neighbor about them and the next day she gave them some! {She is seriously the sweetest neighbor ever!} Then the girls used their own spending money to buy a package each.
The neat thing is that in each package there are 6 different designs, with 4 of each design - so the girls are already talking about which of their friends they plan to share them with.
For those who are not familiar with Silly Bandzzz - this is what they look like when not on the wrist - they come in hundreds of different shapes. It's kinda wild how they retain their shape even after they've been worn for hours.

A few of our local stores have them and they are about 5 bucks for a pack of 24.

But if you want to come over to visit the girls will probably share a few with you!
6 comments:
Someone let my daughter play with a few at my husband's commencement. She's 20 months and they definitely entertained her and her 4 year old brother for a little bit. Though, they broke pretty easily, so definitely not a toy to use for little ones without parental supervision. Cute fad & I agree- harmless!
my kids got theirs at shop-rite... 12 for $1!! I guess we got a deal and didn't realize it :)
Yep, the craze his hit us too! Lily "only" has 52 of them, not enough to go from her wrist to her elbow.
I just saw them for the first time yesterday on my nieces. They got them from MY aunt, who is a school teacher, so that makes sense. Sounds like a cute craze!
the craze has hit were we live too!!! atleast they are a harmless addiction. plus the are pretty cool...
We have some glow in the dark ones. They are using them at a park ministry here in the wordless book colors - I love it! I think the white is a heart, the yellow a crown, the red a cross, etc. I'm trying to find some to use at camp!
Post a Comment