Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Maybe I should play the lottery?!

Just kidding, but seriously, I WON another blog giveaway! My friends will laugh because I always say 'I never win anything' ... the story of my life has literally been that I never win stuff. Which is one reason that I DON'T play the lottery and DON'T waste my time at casinos ... I just never win so it's a waste to me.



But I guess things have taking a turn for the better. Although I have to let you know that my odds are still pretty low - I'd say that since I began blogging a few years ago I've entered hundreds of blog giveaways - and now this makes my winning total 4 - yep, 4 out of hundreds! But hey, I'm not complaining, I'm so thankful and excited to win anything at all!



And this one, well let's just say I almost started crying when I saw that I had won. I think you will remember that I posted a video a few weeks ago {?} about 'The Gift of the Ordinary Day' - I'll re post at the bottom in case you missed it.



Well anyway, this video touched my heart in a special way. I get so caught up in my own selfish thoughts and desires many days that I forget to cherish the everyday moments with my children. And all too soon, I know they will be grown. I read somewhere that the 2nd 8 years of your child's life go twice as fast as the 1st 8 years. Since I have a 7 and 8 year old right now this hit me in a big way. I feel like these past 8 years have absolutely FLOWN and can't even imagine waking up in the blink of an eye to 15 and 16 year olds!



So what did I win you might be asking - it's a copy of the book 'The Gift of an Ordinary Day' by Katrina Kenison - yippeeee! I really can't wait to read {and cry} through it this summer.





A big thank you to Sandy from Reluctant Entertainer for hosting the giveaway, I am so excited and thankful!



And here is the video again ... along with a great Trace Adkins song that goes along with the same theme.






No comments: