Sunday, June 13, 2010

Busy but fun!

Whew, the past few days have been such a blur! So many fun events and now I'm simply exhausted!

I apologize in advance because although I've been super busy and having lots of fun I have NO pictures to show for it! Sometimes ya gotta just lay the camera down and go with the flow!

Thursday was my Mom's birthday, it was also the day we babysat for little 'R'. So the 3 girls and I met my Mom at her work, then went out to Friendly's for lunch and ice cream. That afternoon was pretty low key - just playing with R and hanging around.

Friday was MY birthday - I had grand plans of taking the girls to the beach for the day but it was cloudy and very unseasonably cool. So instead we went to see Marmaduke at the movie theater - which was hilarious by the way! Then we went to buy the girls new swimsuits, got a yummy Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks, then home where the girls used the tiny smidgen of sunlight to jump in the pool for a while.

That evening my awesome hubby watched the girls so I could go out for my birthday dinner with my 3 girlfriends. We went to the Olive Garden which as always, did not disappoint! Then we came back to my house where we had homemade cake {made by my friend Sandy} and opened presents - they got me the cutest and most fun stuff. I love my friends!!

On Saturday the girls and I went to the flower shop where I work and I helped deliver 145 arrangements to a local event while the girls stayed and 'helped' at the shop. Then we went home and cleaned our house for a couple hours.

In the afternoon my Aunt Chris, cousin Megan and Chris' friend Maggie came to visit from out of state. They were going to a concert near my house and Megan was going to spend the night with my girls {she's my cousin, but she's my daughter's age}.

My amazing hubby AGAIN watched the girls {and Megan} so that my Mom, my Aunt, her friend and I could all go out for an awesome buffet dinner. Then my Aunt and Maggie went to the concert and my Mom and I went home.

Megan spent the night and the girls had a wonderful time with her ... of course they stayed up late - I think I was asleep before they were!

Sunday morning we got up and went to church, then our Bible study group was helping our leaders move. So the men went to help move the big stuff and the women and kids came here to my house for a swim/BBQ day. It was not warm and not sunny though - but as you may have guessed that didn't stop the kids. They still swam a little, played a lot and just had a wonderful time together. When the men were done they joined us here and we all ate burgers and hotdogs for dinner together and enjoyed some wonderful fellowship. We love our Bible study group!

And now it's after 10pm on Sunday night ... I've eaten out 5 times in less than a week - eaten LOTS of yummy things that were not at all healthy for me, not exercised one bit. And now I'm not only tired, but feeling super sluggish and unhealthy! LOL

Soooo..... tomorrow is a great day to *try* to get back on track before we go on vacation {which is soon!} and hopefully we will get some school work done too so that we can finish our school year in the next few days.

Oh, before I forget, there is a great online Bible study of the book of Ephesians that is starting tomorrow - you can click here for more info. Since I'm not currently involved in a Bible study I am very excited about doing this one!

Good night friends!

No comments: